Health Services Provided by ACLPPP
Alameda County Lead Poisoning Prevention Program (ACLPPP) works closely with medical providers to keep them informed of current requirements regarding childhood lead poisoning.
ACLPPP receives funds from the California Department of Public Health Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Branch (DPH CLPPB) to support comprehensive health program services. Core functions include direct case management services to lead poisoned children and their families, advocacy for blood lead screening via collaboration with other public health programs, and marketing and consultations to the medical provider community and Medi-Cal Managed Care Organizations.
To report an elevated blood lead level call 510-567-8280 or complete this Referral Form (PDF - 172kb) and
Fax it to 510-567-8272.
Nursing Case Management:
- Public Health Nursing home visits for coordination of care
- Environmental investigation of the home to identify lead hazards
- Follow up with property owners to remediate lead hazards found in the home environment
Advocacy for blood lead screening:
- Healthy Child Initiative
- Promotores Pilot Project (PDF - 431kb)
- Referral Form for Promotores Pilot Project (PDF - 481kb)
- Resources and Links
- Nursing Preceptorships for Undergraduate or Graduate Students
- Partial Day Internships for Pediatric Medical Residents in Community Health
- Presentations to health care providers